SERVE ON THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
Sioux Falls residents are invited to apply for a vacant position on the City’s Audit Committee to serve a three-year term. This committee, which includes both City Councilors and citizen volunteers, is empowered by City Ordinance to develop an annual audit program; review staff audit reports; and recommend changes to the City’s financial practices. The Audit Committee typically meets six times a year at 4:00 p.m. A qualified candidate must be a registered voter from Sioux Falls, and have financial and/or audit experience. To apply complete the Application for Appointment to the Audit Committee and submit it as indicated.
Internal Audit Program
To help the City achieve the highest efficiency and effectiveness with integrity.
To be a highly respected service division and a catalyst for positive change.
The Internal Audit function consists of an Internal Audit Manager and two Internal Auditors. To provide for independence of the internal audit activity, the Audit Committee oversees the auditing activities and reviews and approves audit reports and the Annual Audit Plan.
- Internal Audit Report 17-08 Motor Vehicle Fee Revenue March 2018
- Internal Audit Report 17-07 Waiver of Fees and Fines January 2018
- Internal Audit Report 17-05 Maintenance of Administrative Instructions January 2018
- 17-04 Humane Society-Cash Handling
- 17-03 Accounts Payable
- 17-02 Cable TV and OVS Report
- Internal Audit Report 17-01 Ambulance Service Contract April 2017
- 16-05 Follow-up to Fuel Control Audit
- Internal Audit Report 15-07 Landfill Cash Controls: Controls working to protect cash January 2016
- Internal Audit Report 14-07 Construction Contracts: Engineering Division of Public Works effective in their administration of construction projects March 2016
- Internal Audit Status Report Follow - up on Audit Recommendations March 2016
- Internal Audit Report 15-05 Storm Drainage: Public Works becoming more proactive but better measures of effectiveness needed April 2016
- Internal Audit Report 15-06 Citywide Accounts Receivable June 2016
- Internal Audit Report 16-02 Information Technology Audit June 2016
- Internal Audit Report 16-03 - August 2016
- Internal Audit Report 16-04 - August 2016
- Internal Audit Report 16-06 Affordable Housing Internal Controls November 2016
- Internal Audit Status Report Follow-up on Audit Recommendations December 2016
- Internal Audit Report 16-01 Citywide Cash December 2016
- Internal Audit Analysis Adaptive Signal Control Technology: Decreasing traffic delays and reducing societal costs by $891 per day due to fewer accidents December 2016
- Internal Audit 2016 Annual Report
- Internal Audit Report Follow-up on Status of Audit Recommendations April 2015
- Internal Audit Report 15-02 Police Crime Lab
- Internal Audit Report 15-01 Public Facility Ticket Fee February 2015
- Internal Audit Report 15-04 Transit August 2015
- Internal Audit Report 15-03 Great Plains Zoo & Museum
- 2015 Annual Report