City of Sioux Falls Top 10 Wins
- The future $50 million mixed-use parking ramp captures even bigger dreams for downtown Sioux Falls, above and beyond the long awaited need for more public parking.
- Major street reconstruction included South Louise Avenue, 69th and Western, and 56 ADDITIONAL MILES of street improvements. Another $25 million investment in wastewater infrastructure will serve us for at least a century.
- Sioux Falls experiences a fifth straight year of record-breaking construction , yet the city stays one step ahead of it.
- Our finances are rock solid regardless of the challenge, and by the way, Sioux Falls saves $25 million in interest payments with prudent debt management.
- Golf reaches a new level with Elmwood’s grand reopening, the Crooked Pint Ale House/Holiday Inn located there, and after 23 years, hiring a new management company.
- Collaborative development pays off big time with Win Chill, Gage Brothers’ expansion, the downtown Sioux Falls Cascade project, and an announcement soon that will kick off the railyard redevelopment vision.
- We celebrate tobacco-free public spaces , emergency medical services excellence, Patient-Centered Medical Home Level 3 recognition , and a significant investment in Behavioral Health.
- Our new City Administration Building , a first since 1936, is being built on time, under budget, and will dramatically enhance service to our employees and residents for decades.
- Fleet management for all departments has been centralized to capture efficiencies, execute best practices, and control costs.
- Sioux Falls embraces our ever-changing diverse community by protecting human rights , improving relations, adding community resources, and executing initiatives that promote compassion for ALL citizens.
Top 10 Wins by Department