NASA @ My Library Programs Continue Through Spring
Siouxland Libraries will offer three traveling NASA @ My Library STEM programs January through May. Explore the Moon and Mars, Ultraviolet Light and the Sun, and Jump to Jupiter will travel around Sioux Falls and Minnehaha County.
Explore the Moon and Mars will focus on the surfaces of the moon and Mars and how their craters are formed. Activities include touring the surface of both through Google Earth software, taking green screen pictures of participants on the moon, and a crater-making experiment. Dates and locations:
• Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 3 to 4 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Colton Branch, 402 South Dakota Avenue, Colton, 446-3519
• Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 4 to 5 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Caille Branch, 4100 South Carnegie Circle, Sioux Falls, 367-8144
• Thursday, March 22, 2018, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Garretson Branch, 649 Main Street, Garretson, 594-6619
Ultraviolet Light and the Sun will offer activities that include viewing ultraviolet light (UV) with spectroscopes and experimenting with black lights and UV-sensitive beads.
Dates and locations:
• Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 4 to 5 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Downtown Library, 200 North Dakota Avenue, Sioux Falls, 367-8700
• Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 3:15 to 4 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Prairie West Branch, 7630 West 26th Street, Sioux Falls, 978-6899
• Thursday, March 8, 2018, 3:15 to 4 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Oak View Branch, 3700 East Third Street, Sioux Falls, 367-8060
Jump to Jupiter will explore the path and distance from the sun to each planet in our solar system. Activities include jumping from the sun to each planet and learning facts about the planets. This activity will be outdoors as weather permits.
Dates and locations:
• Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 4 to 5 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Crooks Branch, 402 South Dakota Avenue, Crooks, 543-5296
• Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 3:15 to 4:15 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Ronning Branch, 3100 East 49th Street, Sioux Falls, 367-8140
• Thursday, May 10, 2018, 3:45 to 4:45 p.m., Siouxland Libraries Humboldt Branch, 201 South Main Street, Humboldt, 363-3361
• Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Brandon Community Library, 305 South Splitrock Boulevard, Brandon, 582-2390
The NASA @ My Library project is led by the National Center for Interactive Learning at the Space Science Institute. Partners include the American Library Association (ALA) Public Programs Office, Pacific Science Center, Cornerstones of Science, and Education Development Center. NASA @ My Library is made possible through the support of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Science Mission Directorate as part of its STEM Activation program.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact the Human Relations Office at 605 367 8745 (voice), 605-367-7039 (TTY), or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the event.
For more information, please call Siouxland Libraries at 367-8700 or visit www.siouxlandlib.org.