The Prairie West Branch Library is the latest addition to Siouxland Libraries. Located on the corner of Discovery Avenue and 26th Street, the Prairie West Branch Library shares the block with Discovery Elementary, Memorial Middle School and Memorial Park. The address is 7630 West 26th Street.
The interior is a contemporary play on the prairie. There are children’s, teen and adult areas, a drive-through for drop-off of materials, free Wi-Fi, small study rooms, vending area and meeting rooms. The overall square footage of the new branch is 15,700 square feet.
Milestones and Schedule
||April 12, 2012
||June 4, 4:30 p.m.
||August 6, 2013
Architecture Incorporated (Sioux Falls)
- Associated Consulting Engineering, Inc. (mechanical and electrical engineering)
- Apex Structural Design, LLC (structural engineering)
- Sayre Associates, Inc. (civil engineering)
- Confluence (landscape architect)
- Knight Accoustics (acoustical consultants)