Mobile cloudLibrary App Guide
In order to checkout ebooks or eaudiobooks from cloudLibrary, you need a valid library card from Siouxland Libraries:
- Search for “cloudLibrary App” in the Apple or Google Play store, and install the free app.
- Open the app and select the “Connect to your Library” button
- Choose your Country (US), State (South Dakota) and Library (Siouxland Libraries)
- Enter your library card number and PIN and select the “Connect to your Library” button.
- Accept the user agreement to proceed.
Browse and Checkout:
- Library customers may check out up to 10 items at one time, and place holds on up to 10 items. Items check out for 21 days.
- A list of new books is the default screen when first opening the app. You may also choose options from the menu that opens using the in the top left corner of the app.
You can search for titles using the in the top right corner of the app.
Select the title of your choice to see if it is available for checkout.
If it is available for checkout you will see the “Borrow” button.
- As soon as you select “Borrow”, the app will direct you to the Reading page of My Books.
- You can download the book and read it from the Reading page.
- If the item is already checked out, you will see button.
- If it is available for checkout you will see the “Borrow” button.
Managing Your Account and Titles:
- From the My Books page, you can manage holds and view your reading history.
- You can also return items early by pressing down on the cover of the title
- A new page will open with the option to “Read” or “Return”. Selecting “Return” will remove the item from your Reading page.