In order to checkout movies, TV, and music from hoopla, you need a valid library card from Siouxland Libraries:
- Cards are free to residents of Sioux Falls and Minnehaha County (excluding Dell Rapids.) Non-residents may purchase a card for a fee (call 367-8700 for fee information).
- Cards must be renewed every three years—make sure yours has been updated before getting started.
Create an Account:
- Go to www.hoopladigital.com.
- Click Get Started in the middle of the page.
- Enter an email address and password and click Next.
- Choose your library from the drop down menu. Type Siouxland Libraries into the search box and select it when it appears in the drop down box. Click Next.
- Enter your 14-digit library card number. Click Next.
- Click on the blue Sign Me Up button.
- Going forward, you will login with your email and password to checkout Hoopla titles.
Browse and Checkout:
- Library customers may check out up to 6 items per month, and choose from ebooks, comics, audiobooks, movies, music, and television episodes.
- Browse the different formats or use the Search feature to look for a particular title.
- When you find a title you’d like to check out, click the Borrow button. The item is added to your borrowed titles.
- You can access the title by streaming it through your browser or by downloading the free hoopla app on your smartphone or tablet (see below.)
- Movies and television episodes check out for 3 days; music checks out for 7 days; audiobooks, comics and ebooks check out for 21 days. At the end of the loan period, the items expire and are removed from your account—there is no need to return items, and no late fees!
Use the hoopla App:
- Search for hoopla digital in your device’s app store. The app is currently available for iOS and Android (Google Play).
- Sign in with your email and password.
- When you check out an item on the app, you have the option to download it to your device. Enjoy your movies or music offline!