Borrow board games from Siouxland Libraries!
The library has a large collection of board games for all ages, available for check out. Pick one up today to enjoy with your family and friends!
You can browse our board games at the Caille, Downtown, Prairie West, and Ronning branches. Customers at any branch can place a hold on board games and have them delivered to their preferred branch.
Browse all games here, or choose from the selected titles below.
Easy children's games
- Animal Upon Animal
- Candy Land
- Fabled Fruit
- Guess Who?
- Pete the Cat: The Missing Cupcakes Game
- Raccoon Rumpus
- Rhino Hero
- Robot Face Race
Older kid games
- Catan Jr
- Codenames Disney
- Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters
- Kids Against Maturity
- My Little Scythe
- Scrabble Jr
- Sequence for Kids
- Ticket to Ride: First Journey
Great games for two players
- 7 Wonders Duel
- The Crew
- The Fox in the Forest
- Lost Cities
- Machi Koro
- Exploding Kittens
- No Thanks
- The Oregon Trail
- Sweet Existence
- Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza
- Betrayal at House on the Hill
- Castle Panic
- Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger
- Forbidden Desert
- Forbidden Island
- Human Era
- ...I Should Have Known That
- On a Scale of One to T-Rex
- Relative Insanity
- Sushi Go Party!
- Unsolved Case Files
- What Do You Meme?
Roleplaying games (RPGs)
- Blades in the Dark
- Call of Cthulhu
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Kids on Bikes
- Legend of the Five Rings
- Monster of the Week
- No Thank You, Evil!
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
- Teens in Space
- Big Boggle
- Connect 4
- Trivial Pursuit
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can borrow a board game from the library?
- Anyone with a valid Siouxland Libraries card.
- How many games can I borrow?
- You can borrow up to three games at a time.
- How long can I keep the games?
- You may keep the games for three weeks.
- Can I renew my games?
- No, board games cannot be renewed.
- What happens if I lose a game or a game piece?
- Let us know when you return the game if there are pieces missing so that we can make sure the game is complete for the next patron. If missing pieces will prevent a game from being playable or if a game is not returned at all, your account may be fined to cover replacement costs.
- Where/when can I return my games
- Board games can be returned to any branch, but they should be returned to the desk in order to avoid damage to the item.
- What happens if I return a game late?
- Late games are subject to a $1.00 per day fee.
- Will the game have instructions?
- All games come with instructions in English. Some games include instructions in non-English languages. If the game is missing the instructions, please let a librarian know.
- What do I do if my game is missing pieces when I check it out?
- If you discover missing pieces, let the librarian know as soon as possible. Sometimes games will be circulated without all of their pieces if the game is still playable.