Fanfiction Contest 10/14-11/30
Express your creativity for the chance to win prizes (and bragging rights)!
From October 14 to November 30, we are holding a fanfiction contest where you can submit an original fanfiction story from any fandom of your choice. There will be three categories--18+, grades 6-8, grades 9-12--and prizes will be awarded to the winner of each age group.
Winners will be announced on December 11.
What is fanfiction?
Fanfiction is a fictional text written by fans of a fandom. Some of the most popular fandoms can boast of hundreds of thousands of original fan-written stories hosted on websites such as Tumbr, Fanfiction.Net (FF.net), or Archive of Our Own (Ao3). Many authors got their start writing fanfiction as a means of developing their style. These authors include Andy Weir, Cassandra Clare, Neil Gaiman, S.E. Hinton, Orson Scott Card, and Meg Cabot. Some fanfiction can be a mere two hundred words, while others can be the length of a novel. Examples include a continuation of a completed story, a reimagining of the original plot, or a story that is set in an alternate universe or setting from the original work. With a vast imagination at your fingertips, you can create a whole world of stories based on existing work.
- Submissions must be a minimum of 1,000 words and a maximum of 3,000 words.
- One entry per contestant.
- You may include original characters.
- Must be rated G to PG-13. No nudity or graphic violence.
- Your work can belong to any genre.
- No poetry or songfics will be accepted.
- Must be original work. Any plagiarism will result in disqualification. If it has been previously posted on Tumblr, Ao3, or FF.net, please let us know and give us your screen name. We'll give you a code to add to the page to indicate it is being maintained by you.
- Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org