I-229 Exit 5, 26th Street, Southeastern Avenue Reconstruction
Final Update: 12/4/2020
- All concrete roadway paving has been completed.
- Bridge paving work has been completed.
- The contractor will work on concrete barriers, railings, raised islands, signals, etc. as weather permits.
Commuter Route Information
- All roadways are open to traffic.
- Off-peak daytime lane closures may be utilized for various construction tasks.
2020 Project Milestones
- Begin construction of the bridge deck over the Big Sioux River
- Complete service road and connections onto Southeastern Ave to the south of 26th St
- Move traffic to the south side of 26th St
- Demolition of the north portion of the 26th St bridge over the Big Sioux River
- Construction of the piers
- Complete tie in work of the bridge over I-229
- Complete grading of 26th St near Rotary Park
- Utility installation on Southeastern Ave north of 26th St
- Construction of Southeastern Ave north of 26th St
- Set girders for bridge over the Big Sioux River
- Construct concrete deck for the bridge over the Big Sioux River
- Open to traffic
26th & Cleveland
Completion Date: July 2021
Contract Amount: $38,000,000
This project will construct new on and off ramps from 26th St to I-229, realignment of Yeager Road and the construction of a new bridge over the Big Sioux River and the BNSF Railway. Installation of new watermain, sanitary and storm sewer, new street lights and traffic signals.
City of Sioux Falls