The library will not:
- Directly monitor students during the exam.
The library will:
- Provide a space for the exam.
- Provide internet access via library Wi-Fi on student’s device or a library public computer. The library does not warrant that internet access will be uninterrupted or function at a certain speed and cannot control if there are internet outages.
- Schedule the proctoring session.
- Accept receipt of exam materials (e.g. login credentials)
- Return the completed exam, at no charge, via email, fax or USPS. Allow 3-5 days for normal USPS delivery.
The student will:
- Adhere to their institution’s academic honesty and proctoring policies.
- Request a proctoring session:
- Check to ensure they can complete the exam during the library’s regular business hours. The exam must be completed at least 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Submit this registration form for each new class.
- To schedule subsequent exams for the same class, please contact the branch directly to reserve a proctoring session.
- An online registration response from library staff may take up to three days.
- Same-day appointments may not be available.
- Requests to change a scheduled exam are subject to room and staff availability.
- Scheduled exam dates are tentative pending receipt of exam materials. The student is responsible for verifying the test has arrived and for following up with the school, if necessary, to ensure that library staff have received all necessary exam materials before the scheduled time.
- Arrive on time. If the student is more than 15 minutes late, the exam may be cancelled.
- Bring photo ID to each exam.
- Leave personal belongings with library staff in a secure location while taking the exam.
The library makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, regarding the proctoring services to be provided, including, but not limited to, availability of such services or of internet service. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the services is with the student. The library does not warrant that the services provided will meet the student’s or instructor’s requirements or that the operation of the internet provided will be uninterrupted or error free.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, whatever the legal basis for the claim, under no circumstances shall the library be liable to the student or any other person or entity for any claim, cause of action, demand, liability, damages, awards, fines, or otherwise, arising out of or relating to any injury or harm caused from use of or reliance on the proctoring services provided by the library. The student relies on the proctoring services at his or her own risk.
The student shall indemnify and hold the library harmless from any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from the proctoring services to be provided pursuant to this agreement.
Schedule an Exam:
Before continuing, please have the following details ready:
- Two or three possible dates and times for the first exam;
- Class name;
- Instructor’s name, email address, and phone number.
Please choose a branch from the list below to schedule your exam:
|Oak View||Request Online