Siouxland Libraries is starting a phased reopening of its branches! We will resume in-person operations and services in stages. In the meantime, virtual services and curbside pickup of requested materials will continue.
We are guided by the counsel of city, county, and state health officials as the well-being and safety of customers and staff are our top priority. Future updates will be posted here.
Phase 1: Restricted Access | Begins March 16
- Book returns are open
- Staff assisting with questions by phone (367-8700) and email Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.
- Library buildings closed to the public, but digital library open 24/7
- Easy online card registration
- Virtual programs throughout the week on library social media
- Due dates and hold dates extended--check your account for exact dates
- Public wi-fi available 7am-10pm Monday through Friday and 7am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Phase 2: Limited Access | Begins June 8
Grab and Go Service
- Visit the library to browse the collection, pick up requests and check out.
- Staff will be available to assist with library accounts.
- Face masks recommended.
- Seating, computers, play areas, meeting rooms, and in-person programming will not be available at this time.
Grab and Go Start Dates and Open Hours
The following branches are currently open:
- Baltic | Tuesday & Thursday 3-6pm
- Brandon | Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 9am-noon
- Caille | Monday-Friday 1-5pm
- Colton | Wednesday 3-5pm
- Crooks | Wednesday 10am-noon & Friday 2-4pm
- Downtown | Monday-Friday 9am-1pm
- Garretson | Tuesday 2-5:30pm & Friday 9am-noon
- Hartford Expanded Access | Monday-Wednesday 8am-9pm | Friday-Sunday 8am-5pm
- Humboldt | Friday 3-5pm
- Oak View | Monday-Friday 1-5pm
- Prairie West | Monday-Friday 9am-1pm
- Ronning | Monday-Friday 9am-1pm
- Valley Springs | Thursday 3-6pm
Phase 3: Expanded Access | Date To Be Determined
- Expanded walk-in service
- Additional open hours
- Computer use by appointment
- Seating offered with safe physical distancing
- Meeting room access
- Interlibrary loan services resume
Phase 4: Full Access | Date To Be Determined
- Fully open and all services resume