Siouxland Libraries staff will fulfill basic research requests for local or regional information as they are able for persons outside of Minnehaha County, SD, for $7.50 per hour + .$10 per page for photocopies. Requestors will be invoiced when the material is sent. Personal checks or money orders are accepted as payment. Requests should be placed by emailing LibResearch@siouxfalls.org with as much information as possible.
Siouxland Libraries staff can locate and photocopy items and articles from:
- Sioux Falls' newspaper, The Argus Leader, from 1886-present, including obituaries, crimes, and headline stories.
- The City Directory from 1885-present
- Books held in the Caille Room (non-circulating special collections).
Researchers of regional information may also contact:
- Siouxland Heritage Museums
- By electronic form or by phone (605) 367-4210.
- South Dakota State Historical Society