Call For Art
The Mayor's Disability Awareness Accessibility Review Board (DAARB) is hosting an exhibit and artist reception for local artists with disabilities to show their work on April 28, 2023 at the The Underground by Rehfeld's in Sioux Falls.
- Original in concept, composition, and execution, no copies wholly or in part from any published or copyrighted work.
- Be ready to hang using screw plates and wire. No sawtooth hangers will be allowed. If the artwork is heavy, the artist is responsible for secure installation. If you wish to put up your own work, please be at The Underground to do so between 5 to 5:30 p.m. Friday, April 28.
- Submit your artist bio. Consider including: a brief artist statement about your piece, the technique used, how you feel having a disability has influenced your art, age, etc. You may also include a photo of yourself. This should all be submitted by the Friday, April 7 entry deadline, and will be included in the gallery guide for visitors.
- Please drop off your work prior to 4 p.m. on Friday, April 21, to the Human Relations Office, 1st floor, City Hall, 224 West 9th Street, to be included in the exhibit.
- Exhibit and Artists’ Reception – Friday, April 28, 2023 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Retrieval – Please pick up your work between 8 and 9 p.m. following the event that evening.
- If you wish to make your artwork available for sale at the event, please include your asking price in your Entry Form.
- There is no entry fee. Open to all ages.
- The mailing address for the DAARB is PO Box 7402, 57117-7402. Phone – 605-367-8745 Email – email@example.com.
- The Underground by Rehfeld’s is located in the lower level of the Falls Center building (431 North Phillips Avenue). There is an accessible entrance on the west side.
- The Underground is a multi-purpose venue and has visitors of all ages. It is at the The Underground’s discretion if the submitted work is appropriate for exhibition in this public venue. If the number of pieces submitted exceeds the allowed gallery space, we reserve the right to limit the number displayed as gallery space allows. Artists may submit a maximum of two pieces. A minimum of one piece will be displayed.
- The DAARB and The Underground reserve the right to photograph any exhibited works and to use the photographs for promotional, educational, and/or publicity purposes. The DAARB and The Underground or their personnel will not be responsible for loss or damage to artwork, however caused. Artists are responsible for insuring their own work.
- Submission of an entry indicates agreement by the artist to the conditions of this Call for Art.
Please email or mail the attached entry form along with a quality photograph or an electronic image (200 dpi and no larger than 2 MB) of your work, as well as an artist statement, by April 7, 2023, to the DAARB at the mailing or email address previously listed.
Contact the Human Relations Office at 605-367-8745 with questions.