Accessible Housing Advisory Board
The Accessible Housing Advisory Board is a voluntary board formed as a cooperative effort between the City of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls School District, and Minnehaha and Lincoln counties. The committee works towards the creation of affordable housing, housing stabilization services and alleviating homelessness.
Number of Members
Residency/Registered Voter Requirement
Must be a resident and registered voter of Sioux Falls.
Summary of Duties
The board may advise the City of Sioux Falls and Minnehaha County governing bodies regarding housing, housing services and the homeless population within the greater Sioux Falls area.
11 members including:
- Five citizens at-large, who must be residents of the City of Sioux Falls.
- A member of the Sioux Falls City Council, to be appointed by the mayor and approved by the City Council.
- A member of the Minnehaha County Commission, to be appointed by the Minnehaha County Commission Chair and approved by the Minnehaha County Commission.
- A member of the Lincoln County Commission, to be appointed by the Lincoln County Commission Chair and approved by the Lincoln County Commission.
- A member of the Sioux Falls School District Board, to be appointed by the School Board President.
- Housing Manager with the City of Sioux Falls.
- A member of the Minnehaha County Staff, to be recommended by the Director of Health and Human Services and approved by the Minnehaha County Commission Chair.
In the event that officials from either the Lincoln County Commission or Sioux Falls School District does not fill their designated seats, the seats will reassigned as an at-large position until either body appoints a new member.