Duties of the the Disability Awareness and Accessibility Review Board:
- Providing public education to heighten the awareness of physical, social, and economic barriers for people with disabilities.
- Organizing public awareness activities and educates the public about the role, function, and activities of the commission.
- Monitoring the progress of the City transition plan and self-evaluations, and making recommendations, as needed, in prioritizing the resolution of access issues.
- Surveying City buildings, programs, and services for potential accessibility problems and recommending to the Mayor proposed resolutions of these problems in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Encouraging the incorporation of universal access into the design of City facilities.
- Serving as an advisor to other public or private entities on universal access issues where it appears the board can make a positive contribution to resolution of such issues in the City.