Duties of the School Traffic Safety Advisory Committee (PATH):
Duties of City PATH are to guide and coordinate all activities associated with the general school safety programs, including the following:
- Develop recommended policy on school walk trip safety.
- Provide periodic review of conditions, programs, and policies; recommend improvements to City and school officials.
- Coordinate the receiving, reviewing, and resolution of suggestions and complaints about school trip safety.
- Assist in developing recommended school bus/pedestrian service area boundaries based on the school trip safety situation.
- Maintain a good public relations program regarding school pedestrian safety.
- Recommend immediate actions for emergency problems to responsible units of government and monitor followup.
- Provide input to the decision process for new school location and design.