Duties of the Washington Pavilion Management, Inc., Board of Trustees:
- Understand and support the mission of the Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science: To educate, entertain, inspire and to enrich community by making arts and science part of our lives.
- Understand and support the statements of purpose of the Husby Performing Arts Center, Kirby Science Discovery Center, and Visual Arts Center.
- Participate on the WPMI Board of Trustees by attending its monthly meetings (3rd Tuesday of each month).
- Contribute personally to the Washington Pavilion’s annual campaign at a credible level. Depending upon the member’s ability to give, this could include a Pavilion membership at the Donor level ($250) or higher, and members should consider being a part of the Stars Club ($1,000+) if able to do so. Donor levels include $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500, and $10,000.
- Participate in fund-raising for the Washington Pavilion and its programs—participation by board members is vital to the success of the Pavilion’s annual campaigns.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of programs and operation of the Washington Pavilion by attending exhibit openings, films, performances, educational activities, and other WPMI programs.
- Monitor the fiscal performance of the overall Washington Pavilion by reviewing financial reports presented at monthly Board meetings.
- Build and maintain awareness of the Washington Pavilion by attending a board orientation, Washington Pavilion annual meeting, and/or ambassador training programs.
- Participate in at least one standing or executive committee of the Washington Pavilion. Committees include education, marketing, finance, programming, facilities, and development.
- Be familiar with the activities of the Washington Pavilion and be able to promote, advocate, defend, raise awareness, and/or answer questions regarding the organization and its activities.
- Support other Pavilion activities by purchasing tickets and attending activities such as Arts Night, Pavilion Holiday, gallery openings, Sidewalk Arts Festival, and educational activities to the extent possible.
- Participate in long-term and short-term strategic planning affecting the Washington Pavilion and its program areas.
- Provide oversight and direction to the executive director regarding organizational operations and staff performance.
- * Mayoral appointees to WPMI Board of Trustees must also adhere to roles and responsibilities as set forth by City of Sioux Falls. In addition, Mayoral appointees need to be willing to report to Mayor/City Council with matters relating to the Washington Pavilion and the City of Sioux Falls.