The New Look of Customer Service in City Buildings
On Monday, May 18, 2020, City Hall, the City Center, and Carnegie Town Hall will reopen to the public in limited capacity.
At City Hall, the service counter on the ground floor will reopen for public Utility Billing and Public Parking services. Protective barriers have been installed at this counter to promote physical distancing.
Members of the public needing services from the offices of Human Resources, Human Relations, City Attorney, GIS, and Finance will need to make appointments. Phone numbers for these departments are available at siouxfalls.org.
The service counter at the City Center will also reopen to the public for normal business. Protective barriers have also been installed at this counter to promote physical distancing. People may be asked to schedule follow-up appointments for complex Planning needs and permit applications.
Carnegie Town Hall will also reopen to the public for regular business.
While not required, the public is asked to wear cloth face coverings when accessing services in these buildings. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
The public can continue to access various services that the City provides online and over the phone. Office contact information is available at siouxfalls.org.
The City of Sioux Falls offers a variety of payment options for customers to conveniently pay their bill versus paying in person:
- Pay Online: If you have an established online account or would like to create one, visit utilities.siouxfalls.org to pay your bill using a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit or credit card. If you wish to make a one-time payment, visit utilities.siouxfalls.org/OnlinePayment.aspx. You will need your customer number and account number to register or make a payment.
- Make a Quick Payment by Phone:
- Call (605) 367-8131 (24 hours a day/7 days a week) to pay using our automated phone system. The City accepts Visa, Mastercard, or Discover debit or credit cards. Be sure to have your bill available to access your account and follow the simple phone prompts.
- Call (605) 367-8131, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to speak with a customer service representative.
- Pay by Mail: Sioux Falls Utilities provides a courtesy preaddressed envelope for mailing checks. Please do not mail cash.
- Pay at a Drop Box: A drop box is located in the alley outside of City Hall, 224 West Ninth Street, in downtown Sioux Falls. Please do not place cash in the drop box.
Contact the City of Sioux Falls Utility Billing Office at (605) 367-8131 for more information.
Planning and Development Services
Permit and Planning services provided by the City of Sioux Falls are available online or by phone.
Customer Self Service is an online tool where our customers can continue to conduct business with the City. CSS can be used for the following:
- Applying for residential permits
- Request inspections
- Check project status
- Pay invoices
Please allow up to 48 hours for new account approvals. For more information on how to use CSS, view our help document (PDF); or if you have any other building permit-related questions, please contact Building Services at (605) 367-8670.
Contact Planning and Development Services at (605) 367-8888 for all other Planning-related questions.
Citations from Public Parking can be paid on the City's website rather than paying in person. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted.
Forms for monthly parking leases, parking citation appeals, and other services are also available on the Public Parking page.
Contact Public Parking at (605) 367-8170 for more information.
City Hall is located at 224 West Ninth Street, the City Center is located at 231 North Dakota Avenue, and Carnegie Town Hall is located at 235 West Tenth Street. Business hours for all facilities are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.