McKennan Sunken Garden
McKennan Park Sunken Garden Information and Rules
- All activities associated with a reservation MUST take place within the time block reserved. This includes any pre-wedding activities such as chair delivery, setup, decorating, photographs, etc., and any teardown/cleanup.
- Park closing time of 10 p.m. must be observed. Event must be over and participants must be out of the park by 10 p.m. regardless of starting time.
- Alcohol is prohibited in McKennan Park, per Section 95.029 of the Code of Ordinances.
- If your event uses amplified sound with a duration of more than one hour, you must contact the Health Department at 605-367-8760 about a permit, per Section 93.007 of the Code of Ordinances.
- Electrical outlets (110-volt/20-amp) are available in the garden area. You must request electrical power for your event.
- No vehicles are allowed on grass or sidewalks without a permit. Please call the Park Office at 605-367-8222 to request a vehicle permit.
- Canopies are only allowed in a designated area adjacent to the garden. If a canopy will be used in the designated area, a permit must be obtained. Please call the Park Office at 605-367-8222 to request a canopy permit.
- The McKennan Park Sunken Garden does not have benches for seating.
- Chairs are allowed in the garden area. You may bring your own chairs or you may rent them from area vendors. Chairs cannot be delivered the day before your event and left overnight in the park, they must be delivered and set up within the reservation time block. No chairs or benches may be placed in flower or plant beds.
- Garlands or decorations used in the garden area can be tied or wired in place. Nothing may be stapled or tacked to any structure.
- Flowers planted at wedding locations will be maintained from mid-May through mid-October, weather permitting.
- Parking is available for approximately 20 vehicles in the McKennan Park parking lot and additional parking is available along residential streets.
- Users are requested to clean up litter. Please place trash in the containers provided.
- The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by activities during the time the party has access to the property.